What are Spiritual Fitness Camps?
How many days should the camp be?
What do I need to do now?
Beginning of the year
One month before the camp
SF Camp Team
- Local SF Camp Principal (may or may not be the local TarbiyyatSec.)
- Assigned Missionary
- Camp coordinator on Women’s side
- Local volunteer teachers (work with assigned missionary to identify how many are needed for which tasks)
- Registration, ziafat, clean up, mosque security teams
- Logistics (supplies, PCs, needed books, camera to relay proceedings to Women’s side)
- Administrator who will manage expenses and keep track of the receipts and budget
- If possible to have one Doctor on hand as one of the volunteers during sports, that can be very handy. Otherwise at least a First Aid kit should be available
Q. What is the target age group for this camp?
A. The camp is open to Ahmadi Muslim youth. The junior camps are open to those ages 7-12; senior camps are aimed at youth ages 12-18.
Q. Is this a boys-only camp, or girls can also attend?
A. The camp should be open to both boys and girls. If girls are to be included, please make sure that Islamic traditions are meticulously followed, that girls receive equal opportunities, and that the local Lajna Sadr is involved in the decision-making process.
Q. Why can’t we develop our own program?
A. No changes to the program should be made as a lot of work, consultation, and best practices have gone into developing this program and it adequately addresses the challenges our youth face.
Q. What if we want to hold a weeklong Spiritual Fitness Camp?
A. The consensus from previous years’ participants is that 3-day weekend program is more focused and objective oriented. Therefore, all the plans have been made accordingly.
Q. Should we use the same program for a 12-year-old and an 18-year-old participant?
A. Use the provided “junior” program for the 7-12 year age group and the “senior” program for the 12-18 age group.
Q. Will we get any funding from the National Tarbiyat department?
A. Yes. If you submit a detailed, line item budget, and don’t have enough local funds to cover the cost, we will do our best to help you. We anticipate the cost of the camp to be around $10/per day/per participant.